Jonathan Burden is the owner of Professional Training Institution and is licensed in Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance. He is also a licensed insurance instructor for the state of Indiana and Kentucky and has been teaching pre-licensing and continuing education courses since 2012. Jonathan was trained by the past owner of PTI, Gary Burden, and has carried on the family business.
Jonathan has grown up on the west side of Evansville, IN and went to F.J. Reitz High School. He graduated from Oakland City University where he met his wife, they are now raising their two daughters in Evansville’s west side. Jonathan is also a licensed contractor in Vanderburgh county and works on home remodeling as well.
Gary established Professional Training Institution in 1988. He has been a licensed insurance agent for over 35 years. Gary is licensed in Life, Health, Property and Casualty. He comes from an independent insurance agency and brokerage firm, located in southern Indiana. He has had the opportunity to hire, train and manage agents.
Over the years he has worked with numerous clients and represented several products. Throughout the years Gary has accumulated much knowledge and experience and considers it a privilege to teach and write classes for the insurance industry.
PTI PURPOSE STATEMENT
Professional Training Institution acknowledges a threefold purpose in our business:
To establish a business which is spiritually sound.
A spiritually sound business:
- Has a working environment which will glorify God in the community, with the employees, and with the clients.
- Allows God to lead and determine the future of the company.
- Is based upon the inerrant Word of God
- Provides a ministry within the community, both physically and financially.
To establish a business which is financially sound.
A financially sound business:
- Is not debt driven.
- Is highly liquid, in order that it may take full advantage of the opportunities which will be provided.
- Will adequately support each family represented with the organization.
- Acts responsibly to its debtors and creditors.
To establish an appropriate working environment.
The working environment would be:
- Conductive to TEAMWORK.
- Filled with purpose and satisfaction
- Devoid of unhealthy rivalries and competition.
- Where each employee contributes and makes a difference.
PTI does not want to run its business according to the standards of the world. We do not wish to fall into trappings of greed, pride, one-upmanship, financial insecurity, fear, stress, etc. It is our desire to allow God to be the Lord of our lives and our business.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)