We allow our students plenty of time to practice. You can find out practice quizzes and exams on our Moodle site. Click the button to the right to go to the Moodle page. Don't forget you can find your login information in your folder. If you have any issues connecting give us a call or send us an email. You can find that information under the "Contact Us" tab on the menu.
MAKING A RESERVATION
Online reservations are the most efficient way for candidates to schedule their exam. Click HERE or the link above then either click "Create account" or "Sign in". Follow the step by step instructions to then make your reservation.
You can test at the following locations, any Ivy Tech College, or online from your home or office.
Anderson, Avon, Batesville, Bloomington, Columbus, Crawfordsville, Crown Point (Merriville), Evansville, Fort Wayne, Gary, Goshen, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Lafayette, Lawrenceburg, Logansport, Madison, Marion, Muncie, New Albany, Richmond, Sellerburg, South Bend, Terre Haute, Valparasio, Vincennes, Warsaw
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)
Candidates for whom English is a second language (ESL) may request additional time for the examination by sending the English as a Second Language (ESL) Request Form found at the end of the PEARSONVUE CANDIDATE HANDBOOK (CLICK HERE FOR THE FORM)
KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
KENTUCKY TESTING INFORMATION
MAKING A RESERVATION
All applicants must have a scheduled appointment to sit for the examination(s); walk-ins are not accepted.
- To create a secure, password-protected eServices account, click on "eServices" in the middle of the Department of Insurance (DOI) home page (http://insurance.ky.gov) then click on "Create Account" to set up the account. Once your online record reflects "pending examination" you are eligible to schedule your examination online. Any examination retake and rescheduling may be done through this account as well.
Any Special Accommodations must be approved in Agen Licensing PRIOR to examination scheduling.
Kentucky **IMPORTANT INFO**
You must have received your background check BEFORE taking your exam. You must also complete pre-licensing course BEFORE taking your exam.
- Apply for a Criminal Background report online through the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) by clicking here.
- First time users will need to select Register to create an account.
- You must select AOC FastCheck, then Add a New Batch. Under Category, select Licensing; under Group, select Dept of Insurance (DOI); under Reason, select Licensing.
- Follow the on screen directions to complete your request to ensure the DOI receives an offical copy of your report.
APPLYING FOR A LICENSE
The steps to the right are to be followed after completing the required State Licensing Exam.
Click HERE to apply for an Indiana License.
Click HERE to apply for a Kentucky License.
There are a few steps that must also be completed for a Kentucky License. Make sure these are completed BEFORE applying for a license (see under Kentucky Important Info section on this page).
Once the DOI has received and processed all requested informatio, you may track the status of the application and schedule your examination through a secure eServices account.